- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, sliced into 1 cm thick slices lengthwise
- 4 x 150g Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Breast
- 420g can Italian tomatoes
- 250g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Basil leaves to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the eggplant slices and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown and tender.
3. Place the chicken breasts into a lightly greased oven proof dish. Place a slice of eggplant on each breast, then top with a quarter of the tomatoes and slices of mozzarella.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken breasts are cooked through and the cheese is golden.Garnish with the basil leaves before serving.
5. Serve with a fresh green salad
Tips for Baked Chicken with Eggplant, Tomato & Mozzarella:
Rate this recipe
Share this recipe
You might also like