- 6 Garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp Paprika powder
- 3 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 can beer
- 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 chilli, deseeded & thinly sliced
- 12 Tegel Fresh Chicken Drums
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 2 Tbsp butter, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened yoghurt
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the garlic, salt, paprika, cumin seeds, olive oil, beer, balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar and chilli.
Place the Tegel Fresh Chicken Drums in the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
3. Line a roasting tray with tin foil, spray with oil and place the chicken on the tray. Roast for 35 minutes or until just cooked and golden.
4. Meanwhile. in a saucepan, bring the tomato juice and olive oil to the boil. Add the couscous. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the couscous stand for 2 minutes.
Place pan back on a medium heat, add in the butter and stir through.
5. Transfer the couscous into a mixing bowl, toss in the almonds and season to taste.
6. Place a mound of couscous on a serving platter, place the drumsticks on top and drizzle over the unsweetened yoghurt, lemon zest and coriander. Serve with a fresh salad or seasonal green vegetables.
Recipe as seen on April in the Afternoon on the Living Channel