- 1 Tegel Fresh Whole Chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Using a pair of kitchen scissors, cut along each side of the backbone of the Tegel Fresh Whole Chicken. Discard the backbone. Place the chicken on a flat surface and press down to flatten it. Cut slashes into the skin of the thighs and drums.
2. Combine the garlic, orange juice, honey, lemon juice, rosemary, olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken into a large dish and cover with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour for the flavours to infuse the chicken.
3. Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Place the chicken into a roasting dish and cook according to directions on pack, or until the chicken is well browned and cooked through. Baste frequently.
4. Serve with pasta and a roast vegetable salad or potato wedges and a green salad.