- 3 1/2 cups salt reduced chicken stock
- 400 Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Breast, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 10g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into pieces
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
1. Place the stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn the heat to very low so the stock stays hot.
2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a medium sized saucepan. Add the Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Breast and brown over medium heat. Remove the chicken and set aside.
3. Add the onion, garlic and celery to the pan and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the wine and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, stirring, until the wine has evaporated.
Add a ladle of hot stock. Reduce the heat to low and stir constantly, adding a ladle full of hot stock at a time as the liquid is absorbed. After 15 to 20 minutes, taste the rice to check it’s cooked.
4. Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the asparagus, bring to the boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Drain.
5. Once the rice is cooked, add the chicken and asparagus and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until the chicken is heated through. Add extra stock as necessary.
6. Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the parsley and parmesan. Cover and stand for 2 minutes for the flavours to infuse. Serve immediately with extra vegetables or a green leafy salad.