- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 450g Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- a handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 50g butter
- 1 heaped Tbsp flour
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large sheets fresh lasagne
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 190˚C.
2. To prepare the chicken filling, heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat, breaking up the mince with a fork as it cooks. Add the basil and tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened. Season to taste.
3. To make the white sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the
flour and cook over medium heat, stirring, until blended. Add the bay leaf
and wine and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add
the milk, stirring constantly. Continue stirring over medium heat until the
sauce boils and thickens.
4. To assemble the lasagne, lightly grease a 20 x 15 cm (or thereabouts)
rectangular ovenproof dish. Add a spoonful of the chicken mince sauce
and spread in a thin layer to just cover the bottom of the dish. Add a sheet
of lasagne and top this with one-third of the mince followed by one-third
of the white sauce. Repeat twice, ending with a layer of white sauce. Top
5. Bake for 35–40 minutes until the lasagne is golden brown and bubbling.
Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Rate this recipe
Share this recipe
You might also like