- 500g Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups Arborio risotto rice
- 5 cups boiling chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Rosemary sprigs and julienned lemon rind to garnish
1. Toss the Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs in flour seasoned with a little salt and pepper. Heat half the oil in a lidded frying pan and brown the chicken evenly. Cover and cook over low heat, until just cooked.
2. Meanwhile, cook the risotto. Heat the remaining oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes to soften. Add the garlic. Stir in the rice and cook until the grains are shiny, about 1 minute.
Add 1/2 cup of stock and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. When most of the stock is absorbed. Repeat using a 1/2 cup of stock each time, cooking until the rice is soft and creamy in texture.This will take approximately 20 minutes. Add the Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
3. Slice the cooked chicken. Serve the risotto in bowls topped with the sliced chicken. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and lemon rind.
Rate this recipe
Share this recipe
You might also like