- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- 800g Agria potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 25g butter
- 1 clove garlic, bruised
1. Place the onions, balsamic vinegar, water, brown sugar and mustard in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring, and then simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and syrupy.
1. Cut the potatoes into pieces and cook in lightly salted boiling water until they are tender. Remove from the heat, drain and mash until smooth.
2. Meanwhile place the milk, butter and garlic into a small saucepan over medium heat. Don’t let the mixture boil. Remove from the heat and discard the garlic.
3. Stir a little of the milk mixture at a time into the potatoes, until thick and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
1. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add Tegel Fresh Chicken Sausages. Cook over medium heat until they are golden brown and cooked through.
2. Serve the sausages with the potato mash, the caramelised onions and your choice of vegetables.