- 400 ml can coconut cream
- 1 cup salt reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 stalks lemongrass, smashed with a rolling pin but left whole
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, smashed with a rolling pin
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 500g Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Breast, sliced into thin strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 200g small button mushrooms
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (add more if you like it hot)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1. Place the coconut cream, stock, water, lemongrass, ginger and kaffir lime leaves into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. If desired strain the mixture and remove the lemon grass, kaffir lime and ginger. You can leave them in for the remaining cooking time but remove before serving.
2. To this fragrant broth, add the chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms and chilli to the saucepan. Simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked. Add the lime juice and fish sauce.
3. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the coriander.