- 500g Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g can Mexican tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 8 Jumbo taco shells
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Mexican salsa for serving (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add the Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince and cook over high heat for 5 minutes or until the mince is golden brown. Mash with a fork while browning to break up the mince.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook over medium heat for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the Mexican tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce reduces and thickens.
4. Meanwhile, place the taco shells onto a baking tray. Heat in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, or until they are warm.
Serve the taco shells with the chicken mince mixture, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Top with salsa if desired.