- 250g penne pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs or oregano
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tegel Medium sized Original Rotisserie Chicken, shredded, skin discarded
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- Fresh green salad to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Cook the pasta following the packet directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Add the Italian herbs or oregano and wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and chicken stock. Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
4. Add the pasta, shredded chicken and parsley to the pan and mix well. Place the mixture into an 8 cup capacity baking dish. Top with the parmesan.
Bake for 20 minutes or until it is golden brown and heated through.
5. Scatter over the basil and serve with a fresh green salad.