- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut in half
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika*
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 400g fettuccine, parpardelle or other pasta
- 500g Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Breast or Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs cut into strips
*Smoked paprika is available in the herbs and spices section of the supermarket. It gives a slightly smoky flavour to the sauce. Substitute with regular paprika if desired.
1. To roast the red peppers, place the red pepper halves on a baking tray lined with foil. Cook under a preheated grill until the skin is blistered and brown. Remove from the heat and wrap in the foil. Leave for 10 minutes then remove the skin. Cut the red peppers into strips and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan. Add the garlic and cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes until golden.
3. Add the tomatoes, smoked paprika and tomato paste, and simmer for 15 minutes or until thick and saucy. If desired, place the sauce into a food processor and process until smooth, then return it to the saucepan. Add the sliced roasted peppers and simmer for a further minute.
3. Cook the pasta following the packet directions.
4. Meanwhile, heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and cook the Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Breast in batches over medium heat until they are golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
5. Serve the chicken on the pasta and top with the sauce. If desired serve with parmesan cheese and garnish with Italian parsley. Accompany with a fresh green salad or seasonal green vegetables.