- 2 Medium red onions, peeled and sliced
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh marjoram or oregano
- 2 Tbsp sliced sundried tomatoes, (optional)
- 1 Tegel Meal Maker Sliced Smoked Chicken 300g
- 250g Creme Fraiche
- 12 filo pastry sheets
- 3-4 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
1. Cook the onions in a dash of oil in a pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until softened.Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.Remove from heat. Stir in the herbs and sundried tomatoes if using and cool.
2. Tear the Tegel Meal Maker Sliced Smoked Chicken 300g into bite-sized pieces and toss into the mushroom mixture with the crème fraiche and season.
3. Brush 8 sheets of filo pastry with butter or spray with oil and place into a 24cm flan tin.Fill with the chicken and mushroom mixture and then flip the overhanging filo pastry edges into the center.Brush the remaining sheets of filo with butter and place on top of the pie.Sprinkle with sesame seeds if wished and bake at 190˚C for 40 minutes.
4. Serve with a crisp green salad on the side.
Tips for Creamy Smoked Chicken Filo Pie:
Rate this recipe
Share this recipe
You might also like