- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cm ginger, finely grated
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp (heaped) of each: ground coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala
- 2 tsp lime (or lemon) juice
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp oil
4 Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs, skin removed
- 2 Tbsp butter (or ghee)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cm ginger, grated finely
- 1 tsp each: coriander, turmeric, garam marsala,
- ½ tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 cardamom pod, split and crushed
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 25g unsalted butter
- 100ml cream
- Fresh coriander to garnish
1. In a bowl, mix all of the marinade ingredients together.
2. Make deep gashes in the Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs and add the chicken to the marinade, rubbing the marinade into the chicken to coat well. Leave for 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
3. Preheat the grill to hot. Lay the chicken pieces on a wire rack over an oven dish and grill until well coloured (a bit charred in places is even fine as what we’re trying to do is cook the chicken in a way that emulates as closely as possible the tandoor ovens of India!) Turn over and continue cooking until the chicken is almost cooked through. Lower the temperature if you need to, to ensure it is not too coloured as it continues to cook.
1. In a large pot, melt the butter and add the garlic and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the spices and fry for a further few minutes, stirring. Add the tomatoes and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
2. Add the chicken pieces and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Finally, stir in the butter and cream and season to taste. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with warm naan or chapati.