- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp light oil (sunflower, rice bran etc)
- 600g Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Breast, cut into 1cm pieces
- 4 Tbsp grated palm sugar (or 2 Tbsp brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup fresh, diced pineapple
- 2 kaffir lime leaves sliced very thinly
- 1 red chilli deseeded and sliced very thinly
- Splash of rice wine vinegar
1. Marinate the chicken in a bowl with the garlic, ginger, lemon juice, lemongrass, chilli and onion. Allow 15
2. Heat the oil in a heavy based pan (or wok) until almost smoking. Add the Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Breast and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until it is golden.
3. Reduce the heat. Add the palm sugar and allow to caramelise with the pan juices (about 1-2 minutes), stirring
to loosen the chicken from the pan and to scrape up the caramelised bits. Add the water and cook for a further 7-10 minutes on a slow simmer or until chicken is cooked. Season to taste.
1. Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl.
Serve the fragrant chicken with salsa, sticky rice and steamed green beans or courgettes on the side.