- 1½ cups long-grain rice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300g Tegel Fresh Chicken Skin on Thighs, cut into small pieces
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 – 2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- 1 cup small cooked prawns
- 1 cup finely shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 Tbsp kecap manis
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- fried shallots to garnish
- chopped peanuts to garnish
1. Cook the rice according to directions on the packet until only just cooked –
it will cook a bit more when added to the pan later. Spread the cooked rice
in a thin layer on a baking tray to cool quickly.
2. Heat a frying pan over high heat. Add a dash of oil and quickly
add the egg mixture, swirling it around the pan to make a thin layer. Once
it is golden, flip the omelette. Cook for few more seconds on the other side
and remove it from the pan. Slice the omelette into small strips, ready to
add to the rice when required.
3. Add a little extra oil to the pan. Add the Tegel Fresh Chicken Skin on Thighs. Cook for 3–4 minutes or until the
chicken is browned.
Push the chicken to one side of the pan. Add the shallots, garlic, shrimp
paste and chillies to the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes until the mixture is
4. Add the rice, prawns and cabbage and mix all ingredients gently
together. Cook until it has heated through and the cabbage has softened.
Add the strips of omelette, bean sprouts, kecap manis and soy sauce.
5. To serve, garnish with fried shallots and chopped peanuts.