- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g Tegel Manuka Smoked Chicken Rashers - Original 200g, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chopped vegetables – carrot, courgettes, beans, celery
- 400g can cannellini or red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- chopped parsley to garnish
1. Heat a dash of olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, Tegel Manuka Smoked Chicken Rashers - Original 200g and oregano and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.
2. Add the chicken stock, tomatoes and chopped potato. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the remaining vegetables and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the beans and return to the heat until they are warmed through.
4. Season with freshly ground black pepper and stir in the parsley. Serve with crusty bread.