- 500g Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs, trimmed of visible fat
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
Roasted Vegetable and Orzo Salad:
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper,deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 courgettes, diagonally sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed or 150g green beans, blanched
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup orzo
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves
1. Cut 4 deep slits in each Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs. Place into a shallow dish. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, shallot, rosemary and lemon zest. Pour over the chicken and toss to coat. Season with black pepper.
Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
2. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until it is brown and cooked through.
Serve with the Roast Vegetable and Orzo Salad and a green salad.
Roast Vegetable and Orzo Salad
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C
2. Combine the red onion, red pepper, yellow pepper, courgettes and asparagus, if using, in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, rosemary and garlic and mix well to combine. Toss to coat evenly then place in a large shallow oven dish. Roast for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are golden and tender. Remove from the oven, stir in the balsamic vinegar then set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, cook the orzo following the packet directions. Drain, rinse under cold water and cool.
Combine the roast vegetables, orzo, blanched green beans (if using) and herbs. Toss well.
Serve warm with the Rosemary and Lemon Chicken Thighs.