400 grams Frozen Tegel Satay Chicken Breast Strips
200 grams rice stick noodles
1 tablespoon olive or sesame oil
1 inch piece ginger cut into thin strips
½ cup Pad Thai sauce
Squeeze lemon or lime juice
Dash of fish sauce
1 carrot julienned into very fine strips
1 spring onion, sliced on the angle
1 handful green beans, cut into bite sized pieces
2 large handfuls fresh bean sprouts
Sliced Red chilli to taste
2 eggs, whisked together
¼ cup honey roasted peanuts, chopped
1. Place noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes until tender then drain well and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan and sauté the ginger and Tegel chicken strips for 3-4 minutes then add the pad Thai sauce, lemon juice and fish sauce and toss together.
3. Add the carrot strips, spring onion and green beans and cook for 2 minutes, then add the drained noodles to the pan and toss together. Cook for a few more minutes to soften the veggies and heat through thoroughly. Check seasoning and add chilli if desired.
4. For the egg omelette simply pour the whisked egg into a large shallow non-stick pan and swirl to make a thin coating, cook 1-2 minutes until just set then flip out onto a plate and season, roll up and slice.
5. Serve the chicken Pad Thai garnished with sliced egg omelette, fresh bean sprouts and sprinkle over the nuts and garnish with coriander if desired.