- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 400g Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Spanish sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp minced chilli
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 30 cocktail sticks (or toothpicks)
1. Preheat oven to 150°C.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut a small cross in the top of each tomato, place on the tray, sprinkle with salt, black pepper and olive oil and bake for 40 minutes.
1. In a bowl mix the Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince, onion, olive oil, paprika and chilli. Add the beaten egg and 2 tablespoons of flour and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Roll mince mixture into small bite-sized balls (use about 1 teaspoon of mixture for each). Lightly dust with remaining flour.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a heavy based frying pan and cook the meatballs in batches. Alternatively, put on a baking tray lined with baking paper, spray with olive oil and bake in a hot oven (200°C) for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
4. To serve, skewer each meatball with a roasted cherry tomato and basil leaf.