- 130g packet baby spinach
- 300g Tegel Manuka Smoked Chicken Breast - Original 300g, skin removed, chopped finely
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil spray or olive oil for brushing
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the baby spinach into a bowl. Cover with boiling water, leave to sit for 2 to 3 minutes until it is wilted. Drain well, squeezing out excess moisture.
3. In a small bowl mix together the chopped Tegel Manuka Smoked Chicken Breast - Original 300g, drained baby spinach, spring onions and cheese. Season with black pepper.
4. Place one pastry sheet on a clean flat surface, spray or brush with olive oil, and then place another sheet of pastry on top and again spray or brush with oil. Cut the pastry into 4 strips.
5. Place a heaped tablespoon of the filling in one corner of each of the pastry strips. Fold diagonally to create a triangle then continue to fold over and over, retaining the triangle shape. Repeat the process with the remaining filo pastry sheets and filling.
6. Place the filo triangles on to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the triangles are golden brown.