- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 100g cold butter, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 to 3 Tbsp ice cold water
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tegel Manuka Smoked Chicken Breast - Original 300g skin removed & sliced
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
1. Place the flour, butter and salt in a food processor and process until the mixture forms fine crumbs. With the motor running, add the water gradually until the mixture comes together in a ball.
2. Roll the pastry out thinly between two sheets of baking paper and use to line a 24 cm diameter loose-based tart tin. Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
4. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add red onion and cook until the onion is soft. Set aside to cool slightly.
5. Combine the eggs, cream and milk in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Arrange the red onion and Tegel Manuka Smoked Chicken Breast - Original 300g on the pastry base. Pour in the egg mixture then sprinkle with the parmesan and chopped parsley. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the filling is set and the pastry is golden brown.Serve warm or at room temperature.