- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 400g Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or paprika
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 small baguette, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat a dash of oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrot and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until the onion is golden. Add the Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs, chilli, cumin and paprika and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned.
2. Add the chicken stock, water, tomatoes and lentils. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Brush the baguette slices with oil, place on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Sprinkle with parmesan then bake for a further 5 minutes.
Serve the parmesan toasts with the soup.