- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 500g Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach
- 2 Tbsp each: tomato paste, toasted pinenuts, chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp each: smoked paprika, salt, ground cumin
- 4 pita pockets, cut in half
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- Greek yoghurt to drizzle
1. Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince, onion, garlic and red pepper and brown over medium heat.
2. Add spinach, tomato paste, water, pinenuts, parsley, smoked paprika, salt and ground cumin. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Place spoonfuls of the chicken mixture into each pita pocket. Top with shredded lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Drizzle with a little yoghurt. Serve immediately.