- 8 Tegel Pre-cooked Chicken Sausages 1.8kg
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red or green pepper, desseded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup drained canned pineapple pieces
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour (maize)
- 3 Tbsp water, extra
1. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add the Tegel Pre-cooked Chicken Sausages 1.8kg and cook over medium heat until they are golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Add the onion, red or green pepper, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the onion is golden.
3. Add the soy sauce, tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, pineapple juice and water. Simmer uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the sausages back to the pan, along with the pineapple pieces. Simmer for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until the sausages are warmed through.
5. Combine the cornflour and extra water, and stir through to thicken the sauce.
6. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and seasonal green vegetables.