- 8 Tegel Tandoori chicken kebabs
- 3/4 cup Greek style yoghurt
- ¼ telegraph cucumber, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 Naan bread, warmed
- large handful salad leaves
Naan Bread (makes 6):
- 1 teaspoon surebake yeast
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 cups high grade flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- Heat a barbecue or hot plate, cook the chicken kebabs until well coloured and cooked through.
- Combine the yoghurt, cucumber, spring onion, mint and sea salt together in a small bowl.
- Top the warm naan bread with salad leaves, chicken from skewers and a dollop of yoghurt raita
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the milk. Leave to sit for 5 minutes until frothy.
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl, mix in the frothy milk, butter and yoghurt, mix well. The dough should come together without being too sticky. Add a little extra milk or flour as needed.
- Turn the dough out of the bowl and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and set aside in a warm spot until doubled in bulk – about 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls. Roll out into discs.
- Heat a griddle or barbecue hot plate and cook naan until golden on each side and well cooked.
- Brush with melted butter (can use garlic butter).
Rate this recipe
Share this recipe
You might also like