- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 naan bread, warmed (small in size)
- 2 tablespoons fruit chutney
- handful baby spinach leaves
- 150g Tegel tandoori chicken tenders, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon surebake yeast
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 cups high grade flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- Combine the onions with the oil in a shallow saucepan and gently cook for 20 minutes until the onion is tender.
- Spread the naan bread with the chutney and then cover with onion and baby spinach leaves.
- Arrange the chicken on top, sprinkle with cheese and then grill until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the milk. Leave to sit for 5 minutes until frothy.
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl, mix in the frothy milk, butter and yoghurt, mix well. The dough should come together without being too sticky. Add a little extra milk or flour as needed.
- Turn the dough out of the bowl and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and set aside in a warm spot until doubled in bulk – about 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls. Roll out into discs.
- Heat a griddle or barbecue hot plate and cook naan until golden on each side and well cooked.
- Brush with melted butter (can use garlic butter).
Rate this recipe
Share this recipe
You might also like