- 300ml Apple Cider
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 cardamom pods
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 1 Tegel Free Range Boneless Roast Turkey with Cranberry Stuffing, thawed
- 1 kg pumpkin, chopped into wedges
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons dukkah
- fresh herbs e.g. rosemary, coriander, parsley
1. Combine the apple cider, brown sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon, allspice, cardamom pods and cloves in a saucepan and gently simmer for 1 hour.
2. Strain and discard solids.
3. Place the turkey, skin side up, in a roasting dish and drizzle over half of the cider.
4. Cook according to package instructions and brush with cider regularly during cooking.
5. While the turkey is cooking arrange the pumpkin in a baking dish and drizzle with oil. Turn to coat and season with salt and pepper.
6. Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Sprinkle with dukkah and serve alongside the turkey. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Tips for Tegel Free Range Boneless Turkey Roast with Spiced Apple Cider:
Rate this recipe
Share this recipe
You might also like