- 75ml salt reduced Japanese soy sauce
- 100ml mirin*
- 1/2 cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 600g Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 100g snow peas, thinly sliced
1. To prepare the Teriyaki sauce - place soy sauce, mirin and chicken stock in a small saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by half and is thick and syrupy. Set aside
2. Place the corn flour on a plate. Toss the Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs in the corn flour to coat evenly, shaking off the excess.
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken in batches and cook over medium high heat until it is golden brown and cooked through. Keep warm.
3. Return the chicken back to the pan with the teriyaki sauce. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce coats the chicken and the chicken is heated through.
4. Meanwhile, in another frying pan, heat a dash of oil. Add thespring onions and mushrooms and stir fry over medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add the sliced snow peas and cook for a further minute.
5. Slice the chicken into thick strips before serving with the vegetables and rice. Garnish with the spring onions.
*Mirin is a sweet Japanese cooking wine, available in most supermarkets in the specialty Asian foods section.