- 15-20 bamboo wide flat bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 2-3 chilli, deseeded
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- Thumb sized piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp peanut or sesame oil
- 1Tbsp grated palm sugar,
- 400g Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince
1. Put chilli, garlic, turmeric, onion, ginger, salt, oil and palm sugar into a food processor or blender and process to form a paste.
2. In a bowl mix the prepared paste and Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince together.
3. Take 2 tablespoons of the mixture and wrap this around one third of the stick, pressing it firmly onto the stick. . Continue until all mixture has been used.
4. Cook the sate over a preheated BBQ or under a hot grill, turning often.
5. Serve with dipping sauces – sweet chilli, peanut sauce