- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp reduced salt tomato paste
- 500g Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
1. Heat a dash of olive oil in a small saucepan. Add the garlic and cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes until it is golden. Add the oregano, tomatoes and tomato paste and simmer for 15 minutes or until it is thick and saucy. Set aside and keep warm.
1. Combine the Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince, onion, breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan, a seasoning of salt and pepper and beaten egg in a bowl. With wet hands roll into small balls.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a large non stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning frequently, until they are golden brown and cooked through. Alternatively, grill under a preheated grill for 12 to 15 minutes. Turn frequently.
3. Serve the meatballs over cooked spaghetti with the sauce. Garnish with shaved parmesan and basil leaves if wished. Accompany with a fresh green salad or seasonal vegetables
Hint: Serve as a tasty nibble with the sauce for dipping.