- 2 cups sushi rice
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 400g Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Breast, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp mirin
- 3 Tbsp Reduced Salt Japanese soy sauce
- 6 sheets nori seaweed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- To serve:
- Japanese Soy Sauce
- wasabi paste
- pickled ginger
1. Cook the sushi rice following the directions on the packet. Drain and place in a bowl. Stir in the rice wine vinegar and sugar and set aside to cool.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Breast and stir fry over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown. Add the ginger, mirin and soy sauce and stir fry over medium heat until the sauce is a syrupy consistency and the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the heat and cool.
3. Place one sheet of nori, shiny side down, on a bamboo sushi mat. Cover two thirds of the nori with rice and gently press down. Place the chicken, red pepper and avocado in a strip along the rice. Roll up, using the bamboo mat to roll it tightly. Cut into slices to serve. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.