- 8 Tegel Take Outs Nashville Style Chicken Portions
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- Sour cream, sweet chilli & sliced spring onions to serve
- ½ cup flour
- 1 x 420g tin sweet corn kernels, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup jalapenos, diced
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil for shallow frying
- Cook the chicken portions as per packet instructions.
- Cook the bacon in a fry pan over medium heat until crispy and golden, about 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Combine the flour, corn, jalapenos, spring onions, egg, sour cream and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Heat enough oil to come up 1cm on the side of a large fry pan over medium high heat. Spoon ¼ cup of the corn fritter mixture into the pan, then smooth them out into a circle with the back of a spoon. Cook the fritters for about 2 minutes each side until crisp and golden. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To serve, evenly divide and stack the corn fritters with the bacon on four plates. Add two chicken portions on the side. Then top with extra sour cream, sweet chilli & sliced spring onions.
Rate this recipe
Share this recipe
You might also like