- 150g dried rice stick noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp light cooking oil (rice bran is good)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced chilli (or I fresh red chopped fine)
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 spring onions, chopped, green bits and all
- 2 L chicken or vegetable stock
- 450g Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Extra fresh chilli to garnish
- Bean sprouts to garnish (optional)
1. Put your rice noodles into a bowl and pour boiling water over them to cover and stand for 15 minutes to soften.
2. Heat the sesame and cooking oils in a large saucepan. Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and spring onions and cook over a low heat until onions have softened but not browned.
3. Add the stock and fish sauce and bring to a simmer. Once the stock is gently simmering add the chicken to essentially poach in the stock. This will take about 8-10 minutes. Skim off any fat or other “scum” that rises to the surface of your broth to ensure that you have a nice clear broth.
4. Drain the rice noodles and add these to 4 deep bowls. Add chicken to each bowl and then pour in the chicken broth. Garnish with coriander, extra chilli, bean sprouts to taste.
Tips for PHO GA – Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup :
Rate this recipe
Share this recipe
You might also like