- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 mild red chillies
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- 1 tsp dried turmeric
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce, dark
- 2 Tbsp grated palm sugar (can use brown sugar)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 500g Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs or Tegel Frozen Chicken Thighs 2kg, cut into 2cm pieces
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup water
1. Combine the onion, garlic, chillies, cashew nuts, turmeric, lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger in an electric blender or food processor or mortar and pestle and blend until it forms a smooth paste.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy based pot or pan and add the blended spice and nut mixture. Fry this, stirring to prevent sticking, for 4-5 minutes to let the flavours develop and the sugar caramelizes. Add the Tegel Fresh Chicken Skinless Thighs and cook for a further 15 minutes.
3. Add the coconut milk and water, reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is tender and the sauce has thickened, about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Serve with rice and steamed green beans or bok choy