- 8 Tegel Take Outs Nashville Tenders
- 8 slices thick white bread
- 4 Tsbp mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp HP sauce
- 4 rashers bacon
For the bacon jam:
- 250g bacon, finely diced
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ cup stock or water
- To make the bacon jam, fry the bacon in a large fry pan over a medium high heat until crispy and golden. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon leaving the fat in the pan.
- Lower the heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant and beginning to caramelise.
- Add the bacon back to the pan with the garlic, brown sugar, maple syrup, vinegar and stock or water. Cook slowly on a low heat for 15-20 minutes, until thick and syrupy. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the Nashville Tenders as per packet instructions.
- Grill the bacon rashers for 8 – 10 minutes in a hot pan, until crisp and golden.
- To assemble the butties, spread four pieces of bread with the mayonnaise, top with the Nashville Tenders, a rasher of bacon and spoon over the bacon jam. Spread the remaining four slices of bread with the HP sauce and place on top. Serve immediately.