For the pickled pink onions:
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
For the avocado crèma:
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ lime, juiced
- A small handful of coriander
- ¼ cup jalapenos + extra for serving
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 Tegel Take Outs Nashville Style Chicken Tenders
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 8 small taco tortillas
1. To make the pickled onions, place the vinegar, salt & sugar in a small bowl and whisk until the salt & sugar have dissolved. Add the onion and toss to coat. Leave to sit at room temperature for at least an hour or cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
2. Cook the Nashville Style Chicken Tenders as per packet instructions.
3. While the chicken is cooking, make the avocado crema by combining all ingredients in a food processor and blending until smooth. Add cold water a teaspoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency for drizzling.
4. When the chicken is ready, heat the tortillas in a fry pan over medium heat for 10 seconds each side until grilled and golden.
5. Assemble the tacos with lettuce, chicken, avocado crèma and top with pickled pink onions.