- Carefully slice your chicken breasts in half horizontally so that you have 4-6 thin even pieces.
- To set up a dredging station, add the flour to a shallow plate and season with salt & pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Finally add the panko, dried oregano, lemon zest and parmesan to another shallow plate. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- First, coat the chicken lightly in flour, then in the beaten eggs and finally in the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat until hot and shimmering. Fry chicken until golden and crispy, (about 4 minutes each side).
- Place the chicken on a lined baking dish. Dollop large spoonfuls of sauce on top of each piece of chicken. Layer over the sliced mozzarella and scatter over the cherry tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven at 200°C for 15 mins until the tomatoes are jammy and the mozzarella is bubbling and golden.
- Sprinkle over the fresh basil before serving.
Top Tip: For the ultimate cheat’s hack use Tegel Quick Cook Chicken Schnitzel in this recipe!