- 500g Tegel Fresh Chicken Mince
- 1/2 cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 large red chilli, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the chicken mince, breadcrumbs, egg, coriander, chilli, garlic, lemon zest, paprika, cumin and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well. Using wet hands form the mixture into small patties.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a large non stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, turning frequently, until they are golden brown and cooked through. Alternatively, grill under a preheated grill for 12 to 15 minutes or barbecue on a preheated barbecue. Turn frequently.
3. Serve with tabouli or a couscous salad and a fresh green salad.
Hint: Form the mixture into tiny patties and cook following instructions above. Serve as nibbles with sweet chilli and coriander dipping sauce.