- 1 Tegel Hot Cooked Chicken
- 2 sheets pre-rolled butter puff pastry, thawed.
- 1/3 cup pesto.
- 1 cup grated mozzarella.
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 250g tub cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten.
- Chopped parsley to garnish.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Remove the flesh from the Tegel Hot Cooked Chicken, discard the skin and bones and cut into pieces, allow to cool if still hot.
3. Place pastry end to end on a large tray allowing a 1-2 cm overlap where the 2 pieces meet and press to seal. Fold edges in making a 2 cm border around the outside of the pastry (you may need to trim your pastry to fit your oven tray).
4. Spread an even layer of pesto over the pastry and then a layer of chicken.
5. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
6. Arrange cherry tomatoes over the cheese, cut side facing upwards. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Brush pastry edges with egg yolk and then bake for 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
8. Garnish with chopped parsley.